No matter how much you love your life there are always ways to make it better. I have compiled a list of small steps that you can start taking today to get to that goal of improving your life. Simple and easy steps you can take to make your life the best it can be.
REMEMBER: Taking steps towards improving your life does not have to be tremendous life changes. They can be small things you do daily, monthly, or even just once a year to start making your life closer to the life you want to live. Any new items you do to improve your life is a step in the right direction!
You can go through the list below and pick out a couple of things to start implementing or use this list as inspiration to create your own list of items that you want to work on to make your life better. Let’s get started.
- Try to learn something new every week | Learning new things is a wonderful way to better yourself and ensure that you are making positive progress in your life. I use SkillShare for this.
- Start planning your days in the morning | Daily planning is key to better days!
- Organise your closet | Organising your closet is such a simple step to take but it can make your days better when you aren’t wasting time looking for the right clothes to wear amongst lots of clothes you don’t like to wear. Check out: Cultivating a Capsule Wardrobe and A minimalist year-round capsule wardrobe.
- Listen to at least 1 podcast a week | Podcasts are a great thing to listen to in the background while you are doing other tasks so you can improve yourself from the podcast and get things done at the same time.
- Put effort into improving your sleep (something I’ve been prioritising since I got a Fitbit for Christmas) | Getting better sleep at night is essential for improving your mental well-being and productivity.
- Try to drink more water (something I REALLY need to work on) | Staying hydrated is so important for mental clarity and physical health.
- Clean out and organise your pantry
- Try to walk at least 10000 steps a day | Get up and move to help your body and mind.
- Start an annual bucket list | Bucket lists are so fun and they are also inspiring and motivating to remind you to take on fun new challenges.
- Start journaling every morning
- Call a loved one at least once a week | Reach out to a family member that would appreciate hearing from you.
- Aim to exercise 4 times a week | I joined the gym end of October and set a goal of working out 4-5 times a week
- Try to spend at least a few hours a week with nature | Get outside and appreciate nature and of course all the fresh air.
- Organise and declutter your gadgets | Organised gadgets are something you will use every day.
- Create and follow a monthly budget | Check out Benefits of Budgeting and 10 Practical Budgeting Tips
- Declutter & Organise your Home
- Make a monthly wall calendar | Start organising your months better with a monthly wall calendar. I love the ones from Once Upon a Tuesday
- Start weekly meal planning | Meal planning has tons of benefits for the health of your diet and it also can help you save money.
- Take more pictures of what you do, yourself, and your loved ones | These are memories that you will cherish forever!
- Take steps to improve your mood when you’re having a bad day
- Form a healthy before-bed routine | Set yourself up for a healthy next day with a healthy nighttime routine, check out The importance of an evening ritual
- Create and stick to shopping lists for all stores, not just groceries | This is such a small way to better your finances but it makes a huge difference.
- Read 6 self-development books a year | Different people will prefer different ones so try to find the self-development books that will help you improve your life.
- Work on creating a positive morning routine | Because your morning routine helps to set the mood for your entire day.
- Practice forgiving others and not holding onto grudges | Don’t let those past feelings weigh you down so you can grow and become the best version of yourself.
- Say out loud something you’re thankful for every day | Gratitude is so helpful for improving your mindset which is essential to living your best life.
- Form a Sunday routine to set your week up for success | This is beyond helpful for helping you have the best possible weeks.
- Delete any social media apps that make you sad (I’ve decided to break up with social media this year) | Don’t sacrifice your mental well-being for any social media sites/apps.
- Write weekly to-do lists | These are so helpful for helping you have the best weeks. Check out How to Write a Better To-Do List
- Celebrate your successes no matter how small | You deserve to celebrate any success but an extra celebration for any that helps you get out of your comfort zone.
- Buy small comfort items regularly (like candles, flowers, and chocolate) | These are great for your mental wellness. Check out My wellness and how I stay healthy on a budget
- Invest in your skincare | This is an investment that your future self will really thank you for.
- Write a list of your “bad habits” and then start tackling one | Take on one at a time!
- Remember to put effort into loving yourself | Loving yourself is one of the most valuable things you can do.
- Make a few hours of your weekend “phone-less” | If you need some tips for how to spend less time on your phone then check this out: Disconnect to Reconnect
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life
You must log in to post a comment.