With so much on the go, and only 24 hours in a day. How do you make the best of your time? How do you simplify your life and make it easier, while still completing all your tasks and finding some time to enjoy your life in the process?
As smartphones have already become an inevitable part of our lives (and that is something one cannot fail to accept), they have revolutionised the way we work, play and communicate with one another. Whether they’re free, already comes with your phone, or charge a fee, you want the app to change your life for the better by doing something no other app can. The good news is that many apps really do go to work for you. From simplifying your routine to clearing your mind or just helping to bring you joy.
With thousands of apps to choose from, I thought I’d share the apps I use daily which have really helped me simplify my life and in the process made my life easier.
I absolutely LOVE this app – I’ve literally got my entire life (as far as I’ve envisioned it) planned there. Trello is a flexible project management app that lets you easily sort through your tasks and collaborate with your team/family/friends. Whether it’s managing a team, writing an epic screenplay, or just making a grocery list, Trello is your sidekick for getting things done and staying organised.
Journey – Diary, Journal
Embark on the journey of self-improvement towards better qualities of love, life and health. Record your daily events, gratitude, and secrets, and relive those beautiful moments with Journey. Trusted by millions of users, Journey is your perfect journaling companion that keeps your private memories for a lifetime.
Capsule – Free Podcast Player & Podcast App
A beautiful private, minimal and free podcast player. It’s ad-free and can be customised.
Use the Google Calendar app for your smartphone, tablet and laptop to save time and make the most of every day.
- Different ways to view your calendar – Quickly switch between month, week and day view.
- Events from Gmail – Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant and other reservations are added to your calendar automatically.
- To-dos – Use Tasks & Reminders to create and view to-dos alongside your events.
- Goals – Add personal goals, such as “run 3 times a week”, and the Calendar will schedule time for them automatically.
- Quick event & task creation – Smart suggestions for event titles, places and people save you time when creating events.
- All your calendars in one place – Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange.
- Personal tasks & events – Meal-planning, workouts, morning & evening routine etc.
Asana Rebel is a healthy lifestyle app for anyone who wants to get in shape, have more energy, sleep better, and increase their productivity.
The mind is complicated, but meditation doesn’t have to be. Untangle your mind with Meditation Studio. Get a diverse selection of over 200 guided meditations featuring different teachers and styles. Focus on your intention or dive deep into a meditation topic with exclusive collections and courses.
Since getting a Fitbit for Christmas, I have been tracking my overall health including sleep, steps, heart rate, calories burnt, health metrics and even my menstrual cycle. About the APP:
- GET ACTIVE: See how small moves add up by using your smartphone to track steps and distance. Or pair it with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch to see all-day stats like steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes.
- WORK OUT FROM HOME: Access video and audio workouts that you can do on your time, right from your living room. You’ll find sessions for HIIT, cardio, strength, yoga and more. Plus, start a 90-day trial of Fitbit Premium to unlock 240+ workouts from popular brands like barre3, Daily Burn and POPSUGAR.
- SLEEP BETTER: Discover how long and how well you’re sleeping, then improve your nightly routine with Fitbit’s innovative sleep tools—including a nightly Sleep Score, sleep goal setting, bedtime reminders and graphs that show your time in light, deep and REM sleep.
- MANAGE STRESS: Listen to audio tracks to lessen your stress and improve your mood. Use mindfulness to start your day a better way, find moments of calm and set intentions with meditation or get help falling asleep with stories and relaxing sounds.
- EAT SMARTER: Keep your nutrition in check with easy-to-use tools to set goals, log food and water, track calories in and out and see if you’re getting enough protein, fat and carbs.
- TRACK HEART RATE: Understand your overall health by using your watch or tracker to record your heart rate 24/7. In the app, find valuable data like resting heart rate trends, time spent in heart rate zones during workouts and a cardio fitness score.
The Kindle app puts over 1.5 million books at your fingertips. It’s the app for every reader, whether you’re a book reader, magazine reader, or newspaper reader — and you don’t need to own a Kindle to use it.
YouTube – see what the world is watching — from the hottest music videos to what’s trending in gaming, entertainment, news, and more. Subscribe to channels you love, share with friends, and watch on any device.
Pocket is a great bookmarking app – your place to quickly save, discover and recommend the best, most interesting stories on the Web.
Google Drive is a safe place for all of your files that puts them within reach from any smartphone, tablet or computer. Files in Drive – such as your videos, photos and documents – are backed up safely so you can’t lose them. Once there, you can easily invite others to view, edit or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
Tide lets you get things done by breaking up individual events among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It helps you stay focused on work and study. With one tap, you can easily start a focused and peaceful time accompanied by sounds from the natural environment. Combining the most popular time management method Pomodoro Technique with nature sounds, Tide makes your time more productive and organised.
Whichever bank you bank with, has got a mobile app – which makes it so much easier to get an overview of your finances, pay bills, transfer money etc. – all on the go.
In order to find the right app, create a list of areas in your life you would like to simplify and then do the research. Most of us look for free versions, but sometimes it’s worth investing in some apps if you know they will make your life easier (do test the free version first though to see if it meets your expectations).
It’s a common quip that technology was designed to make our lives easier, but it often does the opposite which gives us a reason to go on a Digital Detox.
ALSO, CHECK OUT:
- How to Simplify Your Life
- Simplify Your Life with these 3 tips
- Rules for de-cluttering Your Life
- The Art of Simple Living
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life