Some locations evoke a sense of calmness, happiness and belonging. I love the concept of a personal “Happy Place” – somewhere you can escape the stress and constraints of everyday life and feel completely at ease.
It’s good….let me correct that, It’s essential that you have somewhere to go to that makes you feel happy, relaxed and peaceful – a place where you can just be yourself, so that when life gets overwhelming; physically, mentally and emotionally – you have a place where you can unwind.
Where’s my ‘Happy Place’ you ask? My ‘Happy Place is where I live! I am blessed to have found my 3rd dream home; a cute little 1-bed loft apartment in a Village up North.
Whenever I feel I need a little ‘Pick-me-up’, I do the following (depending on the weather):
- If the sunshine is out, I will go for a walk. I’ll fill my travel mug with Chai Latte, get my earbuds and my phone – and go for a 30-40 minute walk – listening to an audiobook.
- If it’s raining, I light up a scented candle, make myself a cup of tea, snuggle up on the sofa with a blanket and either listen to Indie Folk Music or read a book on my Kindle.
So…whether you just want to have a nice daydream or you really are going through a situation where it is too much to bear – finding your happy place might just be the right answer. The key here is really just to shift your thinking and focus.
“If you win in your mind – then you win in life.”
Getting the right perspective by “finding your happy place” just might help you get out of your “unhappy place”.
- Where do you feel comfortable?
- What do you enjoy doing with your time?
- What makes you happy?
Here are some tips for finding your happy place:
- Recall places you’ve been where you appreciated the sounds
- Summon the places where you’ve enjoyed the imagery
- Choose a place where you can experience the elements that contribute to your happiness
- Remember where you were when you experienced deep contentment and meaning
- Stay open-minded
- Have a Happy Day Dream
- Think of Happy Things
- Create a ‘Happy Go-to List’
Is there an unlived life inside of you? Is the voice in your head calling you to something more? Are you postponing happiness for an uncertain future? We only have one life to live, so why wait until retirement – an uncertain, future outcome – to live how we want, where we want?
This post is also published on in Huffington Post
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life
You must log in to post a comment.