Self-talk as the name suggests is literally that, your internal dialogue. Most of the self-talk is quite repetitive & often reveals what your belief systems, conditioning, your paradigms and thoughts are.
It can be both negative as well as positive.
Negative self-talk can have very negative effects, whereas positive self-talk can literally change your life by enhancing the way you look at yourself as well as the world.
Positive self-talk habits can be inculcated using the following steps:
- Being consciously aware of your thoughts on a regular basis and writing down the negative ones.
- Shifting those negative thoughts into new more empowering thoughts and repeating those aloud, like affirmations. RELATED: Dealing with negative feelings and emotions
- Doing the mirror-work.
- Writing affirmations is a very powerful way for creating a positive self-talk habit. RELATED: 5 Ways to Connect with Yourself
- Keeping a gratitude journal.
- Keeping a success notebook and writing down all your success stories, all the compliments you receive, all your big and small wins in it and going through that book whenever you’re feeling low.
This process doesn’t have to be hard. You can simply start by choosing One affirmation and repeating that for about 30 days until it gets fully impressed on your subconscious mind.
Remember your words have more power than you know. Only speak of what you want and not the absence of it, as whatever you will focus on will expand.
This is your life and your journey. Take your time and enjoy each moment. The ups and the downs. Life is a journey of character building. Who you are today, is not who you will be tomorrow. You’re forever evolving and being shaped by your experiences and the environment around you
Drop in the comments below, what process will you start using today or what affirmation will you start repeating to yourself for the next 30 days?