Getting into a productive (but more importantly – sustainable) work routine was my main goal for the first three months of this year and here’s what’s helped me pull myself up from the pits of procrastination and despair…
- accepting there will be good days and bad days. This is normal. We’re not machines and we’ll never get everything done so there’s no point trying
- if it doesn’t get scheduled then it’s unlikely to get done
- breaking tasks down into smaller bites simplifies them and makes them feel more manageable
- keeping a done list of everything you’ve done so far that day is guaranteed to result in motivation.
- choosing 3 things to prioritise for now is better than trying to get through your entire to-do list
- setting a timer for 15 minutes and concentrating on one thing only until it stops is genius. I genuinely think we could take over the world 15 minutes at a time