How often do you find yourself trying to please others? Do you always wonder what they think of you and does this make you anxious? Do you continually justify your actions so you can feel “one of the girls”? Wouldn’t it be great if you could throw off those shackles and just be yourself?
Focus on You
Often when you’re with others, you can become so consumed by how you think they perceive you that you mask the real you. Yet when you’re by yourself, you focus on what you’re doing and that’s when you feel most content. Try to stay in the moment and focus on what is being discussed rather than fretting about how you look or what you say.
Pretending to be someone you’re not
Trying to adopt a different persona all the time can be exhausting: the threat of slipping up is always there. Yet, in truth, when you let the real you come out to play, more people like you. You become more attentive, less distracted and at ease. The relaxed you are, a great person you are to be around, so let the mask go!
Stop trying to please others and pre-empting what you think the other person will want or even expect, to hear from you. Enjoy life for your benefit rather than someone else’s.
Take time to reaffirm your goals, values and the way you want to live your life. Appreciate who you are and celebrate everything you offer the world around you. Accept everything about yourself, allow yourself to make mistakes and, as importantly, grasp new and exciting opportunities when they come your way.
Don’t be afraid to be you! Accepting yourself and believing in your own path will bring an easier, more fulfilling and happier life for you and your family.
How do you desire to feel? What do you want to do? Who do you want to be? What do you want to have? What do you want to experience in every area of your life? (Examples: adventure, self-love, freedom, girl boss, romance, abundance, connection, energetic, peace, clarity, balance, creative, sexy, proud…)
SIT SOMEWHERE QUIET AND GO THROUGH THE QUESTIONS BELOW:
- What excites you and makes you truly happy? (People, places, experiences, things, activities, hobbies, etc.)
- What could you spend hours doing and barely feel as if any time has passed?
- What makes you feel powerful, confident, and great about yourself?
What are three words a friend would use to describe you? If you don’t know, ask!
- What things come naturally to you? What are you inherently good at?
- What have you accomplished that you are most proud of?
- What do you desire to accomplish in the next year? 5 years? 10 years?
- What are three things you want to improve about yourself?
- What things make you sad or upset?
- What drains your energy or wears you out?
- Who makes your life better? Who makes your life more difficult?
“While being aligned with your desires is extremely important, it’s nothing without your thoughts and your ability to create a positive mindset.”