This is a simple exercise I use regularly to help me notice where I’ve taken on too much or have a leaky boundary. And also to name the truth of what I want and need and make space for it.
So for instance, in this season, I want a little more:
- Breathing room around activities and in my life overall
- Deep listening to people rather than feeling rushed when reading or in conversation
- Reading, even if only for 10 mins
And I want a little less:
- Wine, treats, and Netflix
- Distraction/any project that pulls my focus away from writing my manuscript
I’d love to hear what comes up for you if you feel comfortable sharing.