Life can get pretty full on sometimes, and when it does, it’s important that we know how to deal with it. We’ve all got a bunch of different things that we have to manage, like study, work and our personal lives. When these pressures are being thrown our way, relaxation is a really effective tool for looking after our health, both physical and mental. All it takes is a little bit of time each day to put your feet up and you’ll be benefiting your well-being in more ways than one.
SOMETIMES IT’S OK TO DO NOTHING.
For me personally, I try to take Fridays off. And by “off” I mean that I don’t set the alarm. So that’s unwinding for me, to be able to sleep in and not have that alarm go off and say, “Get up and do.” Just let it go and sleep as much as you need. I call Friday for ‘Frenchie Friday’. This is the day where I let the ‘Frenchie’ in me take charge and do anything I want to do – for example:
- Treat me to a lunch date – actually, go out
- SPA at home or sometimes I will book a treatment at a salon
- Watch whatever I want!
- A trip to the movies
- A day out in London (sometimes even PARIS!!!!!)
- Make a list of the day’s triumphs
- Create a real weekend off
- Create a Morning & Evening ritual
- Remember that your mind, body and soul need to relax
- Turn off your mobile and the TV
- Take out the diary and schedule some relaxation time – spend some time in the nature
- Treat yourself to a massage
- Consciously slow down your breathing – you will feel more tranquil
- Don’t fill every moment of your waking day; let there be some spaces where you can stand and stare and simply daydream – Focus on the present moment
Remember; While it feels good to conquer the day, in the end, it just simply feels better – and is more beneficial to your health – to relax.
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life
You must log in to post a comment.