If you want your life to change, change how you treat your life!
Because . . .
When you Love Life, Life Loves You Back!
Here are some ways to have a love affair with your life:
- Say thank you often
- Eat what you want without guilt
- Keep fresh flowers in your home
- Choose quality over quantity
- Go to bed celebrating your successes
- Take yourself on a date – get dressed up, reserve the best table at the best restaurant and enjoy your own company
- Find your signature scent
- Write letters to your Future Self
- Visit a museum
- Exercise daily, even if it’s just 15 minutes
- Forgive those who have hurt you (no need to continue hurting yourself)
- Spend money on things you truly value
- Trust your instincts
- Allow yourself to feel fully
- Break the rules; make your own
- Go to Paris
- Pack a picnic, grab a book and head to a secret spot
- Plant a garden
- Learn to accept and love your body (as it is right now)
- Place lavender drops on your pillowcase at night
- Unplug from technology once a week
- Spend a day doing only what you absolutely desire
- Stay out of other people’s business, opinions, beliefs and drama
- Buy the most luxurious chocolate you can find, pour yourself a cup of tea and savour every bite
- Look for beauty in everything
- Take 5 things off your to-do list and replace them with something you really want to do
- Look for miracles in everything – the unpredictable, heartbreaks, perceived failures . . . they are there if you seek them
- Allow yourself to cry when you need a good cry
- Take responsibility for your own happiness and fulfilment
- Stop complaining and gossiping
- Paint or draw; open up the channels of creativity
- Each morning, choose who you want to BE first, then what you want to DO
- Stop comparing. There is only one you, and that’s a pretty special place to be
- Learn how to leisurely hustle – moments of massive inspired action followed by moments of pure leisure
- Get outside and get some Vitamin D – one of the greatest epidemics of our time is the lack of sunshine
- Throw away all the self-help books that make you feel like you’re broken; you’re not!
- Stop the 100% productivity mode. I’m giving you permission to not be so productive. You may find that taking that pressure off leads to smarter productivity
- What did you love to do when you were little? Do that!
- Don’t follow trends; create your own
- Always choose kindness, especially towards yourself
- Understand your triggers and patterns so you can elegantly navigate them
- Be open to the mystery of life; rigidity may lead to certain outcomes, but it will never lead to adventure and the good stuff of life
- When in doubt, always, always follow your heart
Want to add to the list? I’d love to know how you are having a love affair with life in the comments below.