A ritual I like to do every once in a while is a ~ ‘Favourite Things Day’ ~. A day filled with all of your favourite things.
Your favourite things are usually more simple than you think. For me, they’re things like:
- Having a slow morning with tea, journals and my Kindle
- Going on a long walk in nature or the beach
- Simplifying my Life
- Watching the sunrise and the sunset
- Going to my favourite bakery
- Go to the Cinema
Here’s how to plan your ‘Favourite Things Day’:
- List out your values
- List out what you can do that aligns with your values (e.g. If you value connection, plan a picnic with friends. If you value growth, make time to read a non-fiction book)
- Open up your calendar and time block an entire day filled with activities that align with your values alongside any other little activities that make you happy (OR, if you value freedom – don’t schedule your day at all, just write a list of your favourite things and pick things at random from the list according to how you feel in that moment on your ‘Favourite Things Day’)
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life
[…] Weekdays are usually pretty hectic, structured and with a to-do list whilst weekends are busy and rather unstructured, so I spend my Monday Mornings to reset – my own little ritual and sacred time. This helps me set up the week ahead. I take the entire day off and spend it doing my favourite things. […]
[…] a ‘Favourite Things Day‘ once a […]
You must log in to post a comment.