1. What do I believe?
This refers to the fundamental beliefs you have about everything in life. Ask yourself:
- What deep-rooted beliefs do I have that are shaping my life?
- Are my beliefs empowering or are they holding me back?
2. What do I Want?
This refers to the optimal desired state you would like to achieve in the future. Ask yourself:
- What do I want my life to look like ideally?
- What do I want or dream of becoming?
- What short-term goals do I want to accomplish?
- What long-term goals do I want to accomplish?
3. Why do I Want it?
This refers to the compelling reasons and motivations for your vision – Your Purpose. Ask yourself:
- What motivates me to achieve my vision?
- What empowers me to take action?
- What makes my vision so important – for me or for others?
Your purpose is essentially your “WHY”. When you find a strong “why” for the things that you do or strive to achieve in life, you will do whatever it takes to overcome the obstacles and challenges when they arise. Having a powerful “why” will give you the strength and determination to be in it for the long haul.
4. What can I do to achieve it?
This refers to the specific actions you can take to get you from where you are today to where you want to be (your vision). Ask yourself:
- How can I transform my vision into reality?
- What positive habits and attitudes can I adopt in my life?
- What action steps can I implement on a regular basis?
Take the time to pen down the necessary steps and milestones you have to accomplish to bring you closer to your vision. Set daily or weekly routines, whether it’s ten minutes of exercise a day (for your health) or reading a book a week (to enhance your intellectual life).