It is so easy to lose touch with ourselves, in these busy lives we lead. We can become so caught up in doing and achieving that we become disconnected from our feelings, our needs and wants our deepest desires and from what makes us happy.
We can become so used to looking outwards, that we stop tuning in for guidance and clarity, and instead search for it externally. And we can easily get swept up in patterns of comparison, people-pleasing, worrying what others think, and trying to be who we think they want us to be (rather than who we are truly here to be).
“The most incredible journey you’ll ever take is back to yourself.”
More than ever, we need tools to help us turn our focus inwards, and re-connect with ourselves.
- We need to learn how to consciously unplug and get back in tune with our hearts, bodies and inner wisdom.
- We need practices to help us slow down our minds, fill ourselves up from within and feel calm and grounded.
- And we need to return to ourselves, so we can reclaim our power, tap back into our own inner compass, and start walking our own unique path.
The last few months have been pretty intense for us:
- APRIL: Finalising our new home and Khushi’s College interview
- MAY: Khushi’s GCSE Exams and prepare for our move
- JUNE: Khushi’s GCSE Exams, pack and move home
- JULY: Khushi’s 16th birthday celebrations in Lisbon and her Hgh School Prom
It’s almost a month since we moved into our new home and we are slowly, but surely settling down. It has no doubt been stressful and exhausting at times, but I am just so excited it’s now time to finally rest. What kept me going throughout these busy months are my non-negotiable – if you want to know more about them, listen to the podcast episode here; Podomatic, iTunes, TuneIn, Spotify, Google Podcast, iHeart Radio and Stitcher.
As you probably know, we’re two weeks into the second half of 2020, so if you haven’t done it already, step back and reflect on the first half of the year, what worked, what didn’t, what would you like to change / improve and so on and then… give back to yourself through small positive changes every day; create more time, nurture what’s important to you and ultimately find ways to reconnect with yourself.
As your inner world becomes more orderly and clear, your actions in the outer world should follow suit. Without inner clarity, all the external neatness and organisation won’t serve as a substitute. Inner fulfillment is the goal of life, and always has been.
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life
[…] my mind, Autumn is all about turning inwards, slowing down, letting go. To ground, turn inwards, find stillness and clarity. In autumn, we are […]
[…] RELATED: Returning Home to Myself […]
You must log in to post a comment.