I spent a few hours this morning, setting my intentions for the next 3 months - especially as one season is coming to an end and a new one is about the begin; Autumn - my Soulmate Season. After the last few months of uncertainty with this pandemic - my body, mind and soul are asking me to slow down. Things are slowly, but surely getting back to the old 'normal', Khushi will be starting college in a week's time and I'll finally get my daily routine back with it just being me.
This new season is reminding me that I need to come deeper into a space of feeling, being and presence, rather than thinking, planning and action. So over the coming months, I will be focusing on;
- Creating more space, doing less, taking things off my plate, and making more room so I feel less rushed and under pressure
- Getting clear on what I truly want for myself during this season of life
- Be more creative, spend time creating things - I am hoping to enrol onto 'Pottery for Beginners' at the local college, go for long walks and do some 'what-I-call' 'phonetography' and capture my favourite season
View this post on Instagram
Pay more attention to your thoughts today & make the decision to really focus on what you want. We all have thousands of thoughts every day - how many of them are helping you to get to where you want to be? How many of them make you feel good? How many of them hold you back? How many make you feel bad? Pay attention and then choose to focus on the thoughts that are making you feel good, that are helping you ?
- Identifying what feels draining or depleting, and letting it go so I can put energy into what uplifts and expands me
- Shifting my priorities back onto self-care, rest, replenishment and nourishment and away from so much doing and outputting.
For me, this season is not just about bringing on new practices and rituals but also taking an honest look at what I need to let go of. Letting go of what is weighing me down and making more space for what nourishes me, fulfils me and lights me up.
The truth is, we all get swept up in external demands, to do's and obligations, we all get pulled outwards by other people's wants, opinions and expectations so it is important that we consciously show up for the work to plug back into ourselves whenever we can.
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @KiranSinghUK for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!