If you’re wanting to create more balance in your life, forming healthy habits and routines are definitely the way to go. That’s why I’ve curated a list of 3 basic yet effective routines you can start practising at home today.
Become a Morning Person
I can already hear you groaning and hitting the snooze button but wait a second. Morning routines are proven to boost your concentration and your mood, giving you the energy to face any challenge the day brings.
Here are some simple things you can do in the morning as part of your new routine:
- By turning an occasional yoga practise into a daily routine, you’re uniting body, soul, and mind first thing in the morning – what could be better than that?
- Eat a healthy breakfast; get your essential vitamins and nutrients every day, and your immune system will strengthen and you’ll simply feel better.
- Meditate – get the mind-clearing and balancing effects of meditation in as little as 10 minutes.
Create a Self-Care Routine
Many of us have more than just ourselves to look after, and we often find ourselves struggling to make the time that’s just for us. That’s where self-care comes in – because you can’t recharge others if your own battery is empty.
Have an Evening Routine to look forward to
There’s more to an Evening Routine than brushing your teeth and setting out your clothes for the next day. So why not look into expanding your nightly routine to include more uplifting activities that will improve your sleep quality.
- Read a chapter from a good book right before bed.
- Write an entry in your gratitude journal.
- Practice Nidra yoga.
Try implementing some of these routines into everyday life and you’ll notice how much more balanced and relaxed you feel.