A few questions to ask when you’re experiencing difficult emotions that help me to feel x 10 better →
- How are you feeling in your body? What physical warning signals are coming up? (e.g. tight chest, tense jaw)
- How are you feeling emotionally? What emotional warning signals are coming up? (e.g. feeling anger, confusion)
- How are you behaving? What behavioural warning signals are arising? (e.g. getting snappy, not focusing)
- What perspective do you have right now? (E.g. I’ll never get this done, I’m bad at ____, etc)
- Why do you feel like this? Why are you having these thoughts? Are you creating meaning when there is none?
- How can you shift the way you’re framing this event / feeling / thought? How might a friend look at this? How would someone who enjoys this experience look at it?
- What one action can I take or what change can I make right now to move forward?
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life
You must log in to post a comment.