This morning I journaled on my intentions for the rest of this beautiful summer season. We’re already half-way through the Summer, and it was spent on moving house (and turning our new house into our home of course).
After a busy, fast-paced 3-4 months, my body, nervous system and inner self are asking me to slow down. I am being shown that I need to come deeper into a space of feeling, being and presence, rather than thinking, planning and action.
So rest of the Summer season, I will be focusing on;
- Creating more space, doing less, taking things off my plate, and making more room so I feel less rushed and under pressure.
- More lightness (less seriousness), play, laughter, love, adventure, connection, intimacy and creativity.
- Cleaning up energy leaks, identifying what feels draining or depleting, and letting it go so I can put energy into what uplifts and expands me.
- Shifting my priorities back onto self-care, rest, replenishment and nourishment and away from so much doing and outputting.
- No longer overriding my inner guidance by saying Yes to things when I truly want to No.
For me, it’s not just about bringing on new practices and rituals but also taking an honest look at what I need to let go of. If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you’ll know I have let go of a huge amount of materialistic possessions, cleared out my digital space – simplified my overall life. Now, as we have settled into our new home, it’s time to slow down, rest, tune inwards and simply be.
The truth of the matter is; letting go of what is weighing us down and making more space for what nourishes us, fulfils us and lights us up because realistically; we all get swept up in external demands, to do’s and obligations. We all get pulled outwards by other people’s wants, opinions and expectations.
So it is important that we consciously show up for the work to plug back into ourselves whenever we can.
What are your intentions for the rest of the Summer?