I’m writing this post towards the end of June, sat on the pebbled beach of St Leonards-on-Sea, listening to unusually calm waves.
View this post on Instagram
What if you learned that hidden in every single mistake you’ve ever made was actually a specific lesson preparing you for the days ahead? That might shift your judgments about the past just a bit, eliminate any second guessing and make getting through today a little bit easier ❤️ . . . #KiranSinghUK #SlowLiving #SimpleLiving #IntentionalLiving #DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire
If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you’d know Khushi and I moved to St Leonards-on-Sea back in April. We were meant to move mid-June once Khushi finished her GCSE’s, but due to Covid19, the schools closed down on the 20th of March.
View this post on Instagram
Been super intense last couple of days – been packing like crazy. Moved in to our new seaside apartment today ❤️ That being said; I am currently going through a roller-coaster of emotions; excited, happy, grateful, scared, sad and so on. And then Facebook reminded me of this quote ⬇️ I posted a year ago: “And suddenly you know…. It’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.” ❤️ . . . #KiranSinghUK #SlowLiving #SimpleLiving #IntentionalLiving #DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire
We were blessed to find a 2-bed apartment in a Victorian property at the seafront – the sea/beach is literally about 100 metres away – just across the road. I can’t believe it has been 2 months since we moved into our new home, the time has honestly been whizzing by. 2020 started with a big bang – beginning of a new decade and all that. The first couple of months went according to my ‘plan’, very productive, full of learning and personal growth and then Covid19 happened and everything went on a standstill.
We’re officially half-way through the year today and that means we ‘should’ be halfway to our goals…but maybe you aren’t and that’s OK! Or perhaps maybe your goals have changed? I know mine has. I’ve spent the last year and a half simplifying my overall life; home, business, finances and so forth.
How has this year been for you so far? I find that it’s so easy to get caught up in day-to-day life – you start off the year with goals written out and with the best intentions of reaching them, but then life gets in the way! So, now is the perfect time to take a step back and reflect on what’s happened so far, address potential blocks and problems that have held you back, set new goals and map out the rest of the year ♡
Questions to Ask Yourself:
- What were my goals at the beginning of this year?
- Are my goals the same – or have things changed?
- Is there something I’ve been doing lately – like a writing project, a business project, or any kind of project or commitment – that’s not feeling “right” anymore? Do I need to keep doing it? What would happen if I just stopped?
- What’s something I’m sick of hearing myself say, over and over? Like, “I really need to start…” “I really need to stop…” “Seriously, for real, this week I will…”
- What’s something I definitely want to create, achieve, or experience before the end of this year?
- Who are some people I feel jealous of right now – and why? What do they have – or appear to have – that I want?
- Who’s someone who’s been an important part of my life this year – like an amazing friend, mentor, or colleague? Have I said “thank you” to that person recently?
- What’s something I see out in the world that breaks my heart? What could I do, say, create, or contribute to being “part of the solution”?
- Fill in the blank: “This year, one of the best decisions I made was _______.”
- And lastly: Fill in the blank: “This year, I feel proud of myself because_______.”
Download your #FREE Mid-Year Review Workbook below!
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @KiranSinghUK for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!