As we are almost halfway through 2022, I thought I would reflect on all that has happened and remind myself… and you, through my stream of consciousness, that no situation is final.
Looking at the past year, I realise a year does indeed change a lot! Our lives are constantly changing, and things can quickly shift in an instant.
Why are changes so significant? How can you see if you are on the right path? Why is it a good thing to change course at times? Should you take time to reflect?
I believed that everyone needs to take time for reflection and make appropriate changes. But then again, it is only over an extended period that you can see if you made any difference. The reason is that days and weeks follow one another and blur together with the routine and flow of your life.
During the stage of a year, whatever the changes, big or small, you are moulding yourself into something different than you were before. Some of your tastes in foods, music, ideas, beliefs and even thoughts are going through a process of change.
It is a fact of life that a year changes you a lot. You are not the same person you were a year ago. Seasons change, people change. Things such as passions, life purpose, dreams, and beliefs transform themselves into either something more powerful or different over time. Your desires alter your path.
The more you allow yourself to be who you are, the more success will come. If you are not doing what your soul is screaming out for, you are wasting precious time. The desire to transform is what gets you started. And it grows only as much as your extent to make the necessary changes, no matter if you might find yourself in the unknown.
So, any distance between your dreams and reality is what is called ‘action.’ The secret to success is to modify the road you are on when it becomes necessary. And then make at least one small thing each day to further your dream into reality. You have to discover a daily routine where you can insert or add the steps you need.
Your path is yours. Don’t let someone else define it for you. If someone does try, they aren’t the right person for your life journey.
Below I share some ideas of small steps you can take daily that will have a big impact on your life:
- Focus on your overall well-being: Diet, exercise, mental health, self-love & self-care
Ditch the To-Do list in favour of a Good Enough list
- Plan a ‘Favourite Things Day‘ once a week
Write a thank you letter every month
Call, text or email a family member or friend every day
Commit to a random act of kindness every week
- Do something that brings you joy – EVERY DAY
- Nourish your body with homecooked food
- Simplify your overall Life as much as you possibly can so your day-to-day life flows smoothly
- Make sure you move your body daily, be it going for a walk, gym, doing a yoga session at home etc.
- Learn new skills that will improve and uplevel your day-to-day life like meal planning
- Curate a Capsule Wardrobe
- Get good quality sleep every night
- Have a Morning Routine & Evening Routine
- Do a brain dump before bed
- Plan your day the night before
- Plan your week on a Sunday
- Have a Life Admin day once a month
A year can change so much… Even if you find it negative, try to make it positive because every change has the potential to lift you up and make you a better person. The last year has set me free from so much: from toxic people, from being burdened by unnecessary stuff, from limiting beliefs that weren’t even my own, from feelings that I never thought I would be able to shake.
Be open to change. It might pleasantly surprise you.