Fad diets and fad health kicks don’t last because they work on the basis that you will have instant willpower and motivation and create instant life-changing habits.
Behavioural science has proven that small, enjoyable and consistent actions are what create lasting change.
For easy-to-follow and easy-to-maintain ways to a healthier lifestyle, start today with these tools:
- Mindset – be kind to yourself. Before you go to bed, write a list of all your amazing qualities, as though your best friend was telling you about them.
- Eating – swap one sugary, processed snack with a healthier choice.
- Moving – go for a walk after dinner.
- Relaxing – take 10 minutes for yourself and just sit quietly. Relaxing is learned, so start with this and build up step-by-step with learning how to deeply relax with therapeutic techniques, such as meditation and mindfulness.
- Sleeping – do a review of your bedroom. Our environment has such a profound effect on our habits. Is your bedroom relaxing and inviting?