I recently read an article; ‘To Make the Weekend Last Longer, Try Something New’ which inspired me to write this post; ‘Taking a Healthy Break’. The majority of us wait for the weekend to come so we can slow down, relax, spend quality time with family and friends and so on – BUT… How about we try to find our ‘weekend joys’ in our day-to-day life?
Mornings usually go on getting the kids ready for school, making breakfast, school runs etc, evenings go on making dinner, helping with homework, cleaning etc. – so the only time we usually have to ourselves is the lunch hour. So my question for you is:
Are you making the most of your lunch break?
Making time for mini adventures rather than waiting for those big things means life can be more enjoyable right now – in this moment! The other day I had a couple of ‘visions’;
- Bring home a pot of fresh basil, place it on the kitchen window sill and take in the fragrance of it!
- Go for an afternoon walk on the beach, notice (actually take time to notice the smell, feel and sound) of the waves and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin!
And that is exactly what I did that day; I bought home a pot of fresh basil and made bruschetta with vine-riped tomatoes and went for an afternoon walk on the beach after. You see, making the most of your lunch hour doesn’t have to be something extravagant or time-consuming – simple things bring joy – it’s all about being mindful.
Below I share some ideas on how you can transform your lunch hour into a more fulfilling and creative time:
- Spend some quiet time and reconnect with your ‘Why’?
- Savour a cup of tea
- Read your favourite magazine
- Get an express manicure
- Have a power nap
- Go for a mindful walk
- Try some knitting
- Check in with your loved ones
- Indulge in something you’ve been craving for
- Freshen up your make-up and spritz on your favourite scent
- Nourish your body with a healthy meal and practice mindful eating
- Listen to an inspiring podcast
What helps me is to have a plan A and a plan B (as a backup just in case) and then prepare for it the night before, so everything is ready for the next day.
So tell me… What are you going to do during your lunch break tomorrow?
Have you signed up for my ‘5-days of Self-Love’ Challenge yet?
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life
You must log in to post a comment.