Changing your beliefs isn’t always as easy as just deciding that you’re going to change. Some beliefs are so old and ingrained into our psyche that it’ll take a lot of work to turn around.
That’s why I created a simple step-by-step formula to help you:
- Examine your thoughts. Are they normally more negative or positive?
- Decide what you want to feel, think and do in life. If it’s easier for you, write them down.
- Substitute negative thoughts with positive ones. Try to find the positive in negative situations.
- Ask yourself questions. (What habits can I start now to achieve ___?)
- Believe in yourself fully. Dig deep and ask yourself “Do I really believe that my dream life is possible?” You need to believe that, no matter what, it WILL happen.
- Have a growth vs fixed mindset. A growth mindset is one where you believe you can grow and evolve over time whereas a fixed mindset is one where you believe that your basic qualities are simply fixed traits that can’t be developed.
- Commit to your dreams and have patience. Know that the journey isn’t going to be easy. Don’t take shortcuts and persevere no matter what.
- Tell yourself positive affirmations daily. Every day I tell myself positive thoughts like (I am a successful, confident, woman) in the mirror 10 times/day. This replaces our default, negative thoughts with positive, supportive ones.
- Get out of your comfort zone whenever possible. Try new things. That’s how you learn and grow as a person.
This process works, but only if you put in the time to make it happen. Once you start devising and implementing a plan to achieve your goals, your subconscious mind and the universe will naturally gravitate towards making it happen.
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life
You must log in to post a comment.