I once read that people who journal to identify lessons from painful situations generally move on more quickly and easily than people who write merely to vent their emotions.
In discovering opportunities for growth, we empower ourselves to see whatever we’ve been through as something that can be ultimately beneficial, even if it’s tremendously uncomfortable in the short term.
Every cloud has a silver lining; there is a meaning and purpose to everything that happens to you. When you’re facing a problem, ask yourself the following questions:
- How did this happen?
- How can I view this situation differently?
- In what way can this loss work for me?
- What can I learn about myself here?
- What is there that is positive in this situation?
- What is the first step I need to take so that I can bounce back quickly?
“Life is always going to contain a little darkness, but we get to decide whether or not we recognise and appreciate the light.”