What are you doing for YOU today? This is where you start making sure you’ve included yourself on your own ‘to-do’ list. To sustain your optimal level of well-being, you need to take responsibility for scheduling self-care and treat it as the most important job in the world – because it simply is.
This does not mean booking a holiday or shopping trip (although you can if you want to), but rather a deep level of care. It is about honouring yourself and not succumbing to anxiety or guilt about looking after yourself.
Making pleasure a priority is critical for extreme self-care. Real pleasure is achieved by developing habits that make you feel happy and nurtured. These could include:
- listening to the music you love on your commute to work
- drinking your favourite tea each morning
- buying flowers for your work desk or home
- going out for dinner once a fortnight with friends
- seeing a movie every month
- taking a break from work in the middle of the day to get out into nature
- booking a regular pedicure
- visiting your local museums or art galleries
- organising regular walks with friends
- curling up with a book on Sunday afternoons
Your success toolkit is your immediate go-to when you are feeling a bit out of control, stressed and stuck. It is your personal backup for when life throws a curveball or you’re just worn out and will help put you back in the driver’s seat again.
View this post on Instagram