Is this you?
- you set a goal, make an action plan on how to achieve it, and fall off track 2 weeks later
- you decide you’re going to have a difficult but needed conversation with someone, yet the moment you see them, you back out because you don’t want to make them angry
- you promise yourself to order takeaway once a week and you end up ordering it every other day (even though you feel guilty about it, you just can’t seem to stop)
- you say yes to everything others want from you even though it completely drains you
In other words, you break promises you made to yourself and you convinced yourself that it’s easier to just do what someone else wants you to.
This leads to you feeling guilty about your behaviours, disappointing yourself out of fear of disappointing others, sacrificing your own needs and desires to please others, and feeling mentally and physically exhausted.
But here’s the thing – if you just decide to work on your behaviour and create a new action plan every time you want something, you will eventually back out or quit after some time.
Ordering takeaway every other day is just a surface-level problem. Not standing up for yourself is just a surface-level problem. Avoiding confrontation is just a surface-level problem.
What leads to permanent change and a real transformation is the mindset work, i. e.:
- dealing with exact limiting beliefs and fears that hold you back from showing up and doing the thing
- diving deep into where the behaviour comes from and why it’s so easy for you to get back into the pattern of doing things you don’t want to do
- shifting your identity to match with the woman you want to become
That’s what’s truly going to elevate your life and how you see yourself.
95% of our daily actions and beliefs is run by our subconscious mind, yet that’s the last place we tend to look at when we want to change our life.
If coming up with a new action plan worked, it would’ve worked by now.
Obviously, something needs to change on a deeper level.
If this post spoke to you and this is something you want to work on, I invite you to join my 1:1 coaching programme all about elevating your mindset to elevate your life.
Ask yourself – Who could you be 6 months from now if you committed to doing the work, showing up for yourself, and having the support to help you align with the version of yourself you want to become?