I’ve never used to have a super detailed plan for my life in my younger days, I was brought up with the vision that once I finish my education, I’ll get married, settle down, raise a family and be a home-maker alongside working in a full-time job.
Even when I got divorced, I still didn’t have much vision for my future apart from buying my own home and raising Khushi to the best of my ability. This all changed when my Mum passed away back in 2007 and I decided to move to the UK and leave the life I knew, behind.
I still didn’t really know what kind of life I wanted as I had never been on my own, my entire life I had been surrounded by family and friends and their opinions and thoughts shaped my identity. It’s only when I moved to the UK in 2008, I started my journey of self-discovery. It’ll be13 years since the UK became our home, and it has been a journey, to say the least!
One thing I’ve learnt these last 13 years is that your dreams won’t always be the remain the same, the more you learn, grow and evolve, the more your dreams and visions will too. I do, however, have a vision of what I want my overall life to look like;
- Own and live in a tiny house
- A thriving online business that has an impact
- Live a slow, simple and intentional life – in-sync with the seasons
- Be financially independent
- Travel – A LOT
- Learn, grow and evolve
From the above vision, I try to make my goals, values, and habits align in some way or another. The above goals are my BIG goals, and each day/week/month, I take small steps towards making those big goals happen. I plan my goals and vision to go in sync with the seasons
“Sometimes all you need is to visualise the lifestyle you dream of having, even if it seems outlandish or impossible.”
Having a life vision allows you to get more clarity around your future and what you want to get out of it – whether that’s in the next month, year, or five years. As we are officially entering the Spring season tomorrow, I thought I’d share some tips to help you get clarity around your goals, values, and vision that’ll drive you forward over the next 3 months so you can start taking action from a place of alignment.
“You have to have a big vision and take very small steps to get there. You have to be humble as you execute but visionary and gigantic in terms of your aspiration.” ~ Jason Calacanis
I’m going to guide you through a process (I use myself) with prompts to get a rough draft then I’d like you to take more time to refine your vision into a one-page document that you will read every morning and every night.
So here we go….
- What time do you wake up?
- Who is beside you?
- Where do you live?
- What do your home look and feel like?
- What do you do when you first get up?
- Who are you?
- What makes you special?
- What is it about you that allows you to create the level of success and happiness you desire in your life?
- What are you wearing when you head out the door?
- What does your wardrobe look like; what is it filled with? What is on the agenda for the day?
- How many hours will you work today?
- What work will you be doing?
- What will you do when you finish work for the day? What plans do you have for the weekends?
- How much money do you generate every month?
- What is it you do to bring in this money?
- What it is you love most about your business?
- How does your body look and feel? What is your energy like?
- What car do you drive?
- How do you spend your spare time? What’s your relationship like with your partner?
- Is there romance and connection and passion?
- What are your thoughts about your life?
- How do you spend your evenings?
- How do you spend your leisure time? Who are your friends?
- What events do you attend?
- What excites you about life right now?
- Where do you travel to?
- Where do you eat out?
- What are your last thoughts before you go to sleep?
Once you’ve answered all of the questions above, you are going to map out your perfect day.
- Begin with your first thoughts upon waking.
- Continue on with your dream working day.
- Include personal and lifestyle elements to balance work and lifestyle.
- Allude to the wealth you will be creating.
- You MUST feel it, taste it, KNOW it is on the horizon if you do the work.
So let’s go. Start mapping out your PERFECT day.
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @KiranSinghUK for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!