- Acknowledge your feelings. Acknowledge where you’re at. Name your emotions and remember that whatever you’re feeling is valid. Remember that everyone feels this way sometimes.
- Move your body. Moving your body changes your posture and breathing patterns and helps release endorphins and relieve stress. Bonus points if you can get outside too!
- Freshen up your space. Taking a few minutes to clean, organise or freshen up your space can help your inner state transform too.
- Go slowly but don’t stop. When you’re not feeling your best, allow yourself to move slowly. But if you want to get out of a slump, try to keep moving forward – little by little, slow and steady.
- Do three small things for Future You. What small steps can you take that your Future Self would thank you for? Tackle any small and manageable tasks you feel up to so that you can start to build momentum forward.
- Take a social media break. Social media can often exacerbate “blah” feelings. Instead of scrolling, put your phone down and practice being present in the world. Consider getting outside, spending time with a loved one, or engaging in an enjoyable hobby.
What steps help you get back on track when you’re in a slump?
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life
You must log in to post a comment.