At the beginning of every year, it’s important to reflect on the past year and spend a little time thinking about what we want from the future, so I’ve made a list of helpful journal prompts for the new year – these will help you set intentions and decide what kind of energy you will bring to the new year.
Reflecting on the last year:
- What are 10 great things that happened or that I accomplished last year?
- If someone asked me to describe myself right now I would say…
- What bad habits do I want to leave in the past?
- What limiting beliefs about myself will I leave behind?
- What can I let go of right now to make space for something better?
- Do I need to forgive anyone, or myself, so I can move forward without that baggage?
- What is already going well in my life?
- The ten things I am most thankful for are…
- What are 5 of my greatest strengths?
- What do I need to stop judging myself and others for?
What do you want to experience in the next year:
- A new experience I want to have is…
- Something I want to change or improve this year is…
- What do I want more of in this upcoming year?
- What do I want less of?
- The kind of people I want to attract have the following qualities…
- What does my dream life look like?
- If I knew I couldn’t fail, what would I do?
- Something new I want to learn to do this year is…
- What’s one thing I can look forward to this year?
- When next year arrives I want to have accomplished these 3 things…
- Where do I want to be in 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months?
- What’s one thing I will do that I was too afraid to do before?
- What does my ideal day look like?
- How can I make my life easier?
- One small thing I’ll do every day to be my best self is…
Define your values and strategies:
- How can I put myself first?
- Who or what inspires me to be better and why?
- What are my values and what do I stand for without compromise?
- Ten things that make me happy are…
- My empowering mantra for the next year will be…
- How can I best serve my community?
- What kind of person do I want to be?
- What strategy can I implement to be productive every day?
- How do I define success?
- How will I practice self-care in stressful moments?