Happy New Year!
We once again welcome the New Year that brings with it a message of hope. The dawning of a brand new chapter in our lives shows us that it’s okay to let go of the past and start again. It’s the perfect time to start appreciating the lives that we lead, the blessings that come to us every day and most importantly start laying the foundation for this new year.
“And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been” ~Rainer Maria Rilke
The New Year is a reset button, an opportunity to reinvent ourselves BUT only if we have the strength to keep moving forward. It’s one thing to sit down and create a long list of New Year’s resolutions, and it’s another to have the self-discipline to follow through with them.
- What are you willing to do differently this year?
- What are you willing to sacrifice so that you can finally live the creative life that you have always imagined?
Choosing to actively edit your life can be incredibly empowering. As you evolve, you have the choice to accept the script you’ve written thus far or edit it so you can create a life that fulfils you
This year instead of sitting down and coming up with a massive list of resolutions or covering your wall with a vision board – come up with one thing that you are willing to do and then just do it. You don’t need to prepare. You don’t need to buy anything else to make it happen. Just do one thing.
A fresh start isn’t a new place, it’s a new mindset
Instead of worrying about tomorrow or wondering how you are going to stick with it all year. Just take one small step today in the right direction. As the ancient sage Lao-Tzu reminds us, “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”, so don’t waste any more time preparing – Just start walking and create the life you were meant to live!
One of the most powerful things I’ve learned throughout my personal development journey is tuning into my true desires. Goals are great to keep you on track but once you get to understand WHY you want to achieve them you’ll be able to tune into the feeling of it much better.
Here are 9 milestones to consider this year:
- You believe in the person you are becoming.
- You realise it’s easier to succeed when you do what you love.
- You’ve stopped beating yourself up for things not going the way you’d hoped, and see your life as a process.
- You realise change is the only constant. You are learning how to tolerate the space between who you are and who you want to be.
- You no longer force things. When it’s right, you know.
- It’s easier for you to let go of things when they fall apart because you know better things are falling into place.
- You appreciate the struggles because they have given you more strength.
- You continue to invest in yourself and focus on daily improvements.
- Your goals excite you, but the process of making them come true is just as exciting. You’ve learned how to embrace the journey.
“Give yourself the deserved appreciation for the ones you’ve met, and consider those you haven’t as potential new goals for the year. Either way, you’ll be setting up 2022 as your best year yet. Just watch – you might end up in a better place than you thought possible.”