- Declutter: Go through each room and get rid of items you no longer need or use. This will make cleaning easier and help create a more organised space. CHECK OUT: 4 powerful questions to ask while decluttering
- Dust: Use a microfiber cloth or duster to dust surfaces such as shelves, furniture, and electronics. Don’t forget to dust ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Vacuum and mop: Vacuum carpets and rugs, paying attention to high-traffic areas. Mop hard floors, making sure to use a cleaner appropriate for the type of flooring.
- Clean windows: Use a glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth to clean windows and mirrors. Be sure to clean both the inside and outside of windows if possible.
- Wash bedding: Wash all sheets, pillowcases, and blankets to freshen up your sleeping space.
- Clean outdoor areas: If you have a patio or outdoor space, clean it up by sweeping, wiping down furniture, and washing any outdoor cushions or pillows.
- Deep clean the kitchen and bathroom: These are areas that tend to get dirty quickly, so take extra time to scrub surfaces, clean appliances, and disinfect areas such as sinks and toilets.
By following these steps, your home will be fresh and clean for the summer season.