- Start with small changes: Don’t try to overhaul your entire life all at once. Instead, start with small, manageable changes that you can stick to. For example, you could commit to taking a 10-minute walk every day or swapping out your afternoon snack for a piece of fruit. CHECK OUT: Why Small Habits Are Important
- Make time for self-care: Prioritise self-care activities that help you recharge and reduce stress. This could include activities like meditation, yoga, or taking a relaxing bath. CHECK OUT: Make time and take time for Self-Care
- Get enough sleep: Aim for at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Create a relaxing bedtime routine to help you wind down and get better quality sleep. CHECK OUT: Tips for getting a good night’s sleep
- Eat a balanced diet: Incorporate more whole foods like fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains into your diet. Avoid processed foods and sugary drinks as much as possible. CHECK OUT: Thinking of going Vegan? Chatting with Nutritionist Rhiannon Lambert
- Exercise regularly: Find an exercise routine that works for you and stick with it. This could be anything from running to weight lifting to dancing. Just make sure you’re moving your body on a regular basis. CHECK OUT: Creating your own Yoga Practice at Home
- Connect with others: Make time for social activities that help you connect with others and build a support system. This could include joining a club or group, volunteering, or simply spending time with friends and family. CHECK OUT: 8 Ways to Cultivate Positive Relationships
Remember, incorporating wellness into your life is a journey, not a destination. Be patient with yourself and celebrate small victories along the way.