Mushroom pâté is a delicious and easy-to-make appetiser that is perfect for any occasion – this is honestly a staple in our Home and it goes with literally everything. Here’s a simple recipe for mushroom pâté:
- 1 pound mushrooms (button or cremini), finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid and start to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and cook until it has evaporated about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine the mushroom mixture with the cream cheese and heavy cream. Process until smooth.
- Transfer the pâté to a serving dish and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- Garnish with additional chopped fresh herbs and serve with crackers or bread.
Enjoy your delicious mushroom pâté on a slice of rye bread topped with fried mushrooms & leeks and a dash of Posh Pickle Sauce – absolutely delicious!