Having in recent years discovered the idea of how to romanticize my life, I’ve never been happier, content, peaceful & grateful for literally everything in my life – every lesson, every blessing, every opportunity and so forth.
So, what exactly is Romanticizing Your Life?
It is a pretty simple concept but something – as a society wrapped up with technology and the busyness of the daily grind – we often forgo.
It is about noticing the beauty around you.
I told you it was simple.
It’s not about making huge changes to your life but about noticing the smaller moments of happiness. Of gratitude. Of excitement. Of contentment.
With that said, I wanted to share some of my favourite ways how to romanticize your life – so keep on reading!
- Wake up on a morning and before you look at your phone, take a moment to listen to the birds outside. READ: How do you spend the first moments of the day?
- Take time to drink your coffee in the morning instead of rushing it – taste it, smell it, savour it.
- Plan a picnic with friends.
- Buy yourself some fresh flowers.
- Go to high ground and watch the sunrise one morning.
- Jump in the car with an epic soundtrack and drive with no destination in mind.
- Sit and people-watch outside a café in the sun.
- Take your favourite book and go read in the park.
- Even better, if you finish your book, leave it on that park bench for someone else to find.
- Wear the nicest thing in your wardrobe, even if you’re just in the house. READ: Cultivating a Capsule Wardrobe.
- Take more pictures in everyday life.
- Meditate for at least five minutes. READ: Creating your own Meditation Practice at Home
- Plant seeds and nurture them while they grow. READ: Interview with Alice Vincent
- Walk barefoot on the grass and connect to the earth in the best possible way
- Spend some time close to the water and just listen
- Open a recipe book on a random page and cook whatever you land on
- Invite your friends around for a vision board and pizza party
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger
I felt a turning point in my life when I learned how to find beauty in the mundane tasks of life. The smell of the floor cleaner mixed with the tunes from the coffee house jazz station brings peace and joy. Not to mention the smile that the shiny tile floors will bring me for rest of the day. My advice to anyone needing a pick me up: Find something you can do to romanticize your day. What makes you smile? Do more of that and make sure to stop and appreciate it.~ Kiran Singh
For me right now fresh flowers, smooth jazz, daydreaming, trying a new recipe, sitting on my sofa with the windows wide open and feeling the cool breeze coming in and mealtimes at the table with myself brings me the purest joy.
- Volunteer at a pet shelter and give some love back into the world
- Take a different route to work and notice what is around you
- And on that note, look up more often – the tops of buildings are often the most beautiful
- Have a YES Day where you say yes to every invite, every question, and trust in where it could possibly lead. READ: Plan a ‘Favourite Things’ Day
- Take your journal and write down what your goals are for 2022, breaking each day into tiny actionable steps to take to move towards each one. READ: How to create a Journaling Practice
- Tell someone you love them – now
- If you’ve been wanting to do something, whatever it is, don’t wait any longer
- Go out to a fancy restaurant and dine alone – my personal tip, take a book instead of looking at your phone all night
- Have a detox bath with candles, salts, hair and face mask and soothing sounds playing
- Go to the train station and book a ticket to wherever the next train is leaving for
- Create your own smoothie recipe from all of your favourite fruits
- Have deep conversations with friends instead of surface-level fluff – really get to know their dreams and desires
- Send someone a gift you just know they’d love
- And while you’re at it, get back into the habit of sending handwritten thank-you notes
- Take yourself on an afternoon cinema date – this is one of my favourite ways to date myself
- Join a local walking club and chat with strangers while you discover where you live
- Spend a morning looking at all areas of your life and working out what you’d like to change to live a happier existence
- Celebrate the small wins instead of waiting for the big things to happen
- Get crafty (painting, embroidery, polymer clay etc) with no pressure on the end result – enjoy the process
- Why not try wild swimming or forest bathing
- Lay down and just look at the beauty of the stars on a clear night
- Take a chance on finding love – even if that means the possibility of rejection
So, there we have it – my favourite ways to romanticize your life. I’d love to know if this is something you’re going to be more conscious of and whether there’s anything on this list you will try and incorporate into your life?