Some locations evoke a sense of calmness, happiness and belonging. I love the concept of a personal “happy place” — somewhere you can escape the stress and constraints of everyday life and feel completely at ease.
It’s good….let me correct that, It’s essential that you have somewhere to go to that makes you feel happy, relaxed and peaceful – a place where you can just be yourself, so that when life gets overwhelming; physically, mentally and emotionally – you have a place where you can unwind.
Whenever I feel I need a little ‘Pick-me-up’, I do following (depending on the weather):
- If the sunshine is out, I will go for a walk. I’ll fill my travel-mug with herbal tea (Rosehip is a favourite), get my Sony headphones and my iPod Shuffle (where I have uploaded guided meditation) – and go for a 30-40 minute walk. PS. I leave my phone at home!
View this post on Instagram
When you look back over your life, it’s easy to see the paths – what led to what and which decisions were the worst and which were the best. What you’ll notice is, the best decisions involved believing in yourself and doing what was true in your heart. The worst decisions were the false ones; the ones you were told but didn’t really believe you should do, the ones that you did because you were afraid to do what you really wanted, and the ones that you just knew all along weren’t right. You can’t change any of those worst ones, no matter how much you wish you could, or how much better things may have been. But, they will live on as proof. Proof that today whenever you question what you should do…do the right thing, do what’s in your heart, believe in yourself and in your wisdom and abilities. Make the best decisions and you’ll and be able to find gratitude for those worst ones that taught you so well what you always need to do ?
- If it’s raining, I light up a scented candle, (‘Rewined‘ is a favourite). I make myself a cup of tea, snuggle up on the sofa with my a blanket and listen to Indie Folk Music.
View this post on Instagram
Life is like a book with many chapters we call seasons. Some chapters tell the story of love, drama, comedy, mystery, loss, adversity, growth, disappointment, triumph, etc. Some chapters are dull and ordinary, others intense and exciting. The key to enduring, persevering and being hopeful is to never stop on a difficult page, to never quit on a book or a chapter that seems too long. Some chapters may be sweet but too short. Your words, thoughts, actions, non-action and choices are the pens that write the pages in your book. Have the courage and faith to keep turning the pages believing better chapters lie ahead. God is the author and finisher of your life. Trust. Listen. Believe. Grow in God’s word. Activate your gifts and talents. Be creative. Be kind. Be patient. Be faithful. Be grateful. Be fruitful ? #KiranSingh #DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire #BlissfulForties
“If you win in your mind – then you win in life.”
Getting the right perspective by “finding your happy place” just might help you get out of your “unhappy place”.
- Where do you feel comfortable?
- What do you enjoy doing with your time?
- What makes you happy?
Here are some tips for finding your happy place:
- Recall places you’ve been where you appreciated the sounds
- Summon the places where you’ve enjoyed the imagery
- Choose a place where you can experience the elements that contribute to your happiness
- Remember where you were when you experienced deep contentment and meaning
- Stay open-minded
- Have a Happy Day Dream
- Think of Happy things
- Create a ‘Happy Go-to List’